Sunday, March 19, 2006

So how do you feel, asswipe?

Hello mine friends,

Okay it's Monday and DAY 1 of me not smoking. The first day of not smoking is not that bad. The light headedness is not without a certain charm and it's still a novelty.

I read a blog sometime last week ( I Must Be Nuts ) by a guy who is trying to quit smoking and he seemed so sincere that I figured I'd give it another go after I had a weekend of debauchery, which consisted of attending my 2 yr. old niece's birthday, and a hockey game.

K, I'm feeling quite anxious as I write this. I just want to crawl into bed and go to sleep. I need a snack.

I

am

discombobulated.


Charm has worn off.

Bye kids.

3 comments:

KLB said...

Read the book by Allen Carr called The Easy Way to Stop Smoking. Here's a link to it on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0572028512/qid=1136956477/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/002-4446432-8980804?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

My co-worker read it and quit cold turkey, which was remarkable because nothing else worked. She says you'll never want to smoke again after you read it. Good luck!

Mr.Winkie says: said...

I think I might. In fact, I have a copy but have been skeptical (maybe fearful of losing a friend????) but I think I'm gonna try it. If I recall, it requires you to keep smoking while reading it and the first few pages are boring, but yeah, I think it's time.

Jon said...

Thnaks for the kind word you left me! I am glad to see you are taking the plunge. No offense to pleadingthe5th or anyone else, but you don't need a book or any other "stop smoking" product out there.

There is no substitute for sheer willpower and the support of friend and family (even total strangers online!!)

The blog has been a big help-just a release for whatever I am feeling, and a way to keep people I love up to date on my progress.

Best of luck to you, and I will be sure to pop on by now and then!

-------------------------------
http://imustbenuts.blogspot.com