Monday, March 27, 2006

For those about to rock...

In December '05 I commited to a 1 year hiatus from Stand-up comedy but I figued I would go back and do amateur nights every once in awhile just for the heck of it. Well, I think I'm on this week (I'm not totally sure, someone wanna lemme know?) and I tell ya, I'm nervous.

I'm not nervous to go on a stage, but I'm nervous about the new material I wrote for it. It seems to me like it's chok full of over used premises, wacky faces, and bad impressions. Okay, maybe not the wacky faces or impressions, but the premise thing has got me scared.

So this is my challenge to you, my 5 readers: post as many subjects on jokes you want in the comment column but they cannot be about anything you've ever heard a stand up comic do before. It doesn't matter if you've never seen live comedy before, I'll decide later if it won't work for me.

I know, you're thinking that I should be able to do it myself. Melba toast has never been done before so do melba toast." Well, I admit that I often get inspiration from the strangeness of others, so if you want, go for it! I'm all about taking chances, so make me take a chance!

And remember that others who leave a comment without the same knowledge as you are okay in my books and let's not turn this into a slagfest please. Everyone is welcome to post whatever subjects they want (hell, include an original joke and I'll try it out for ya- I'm not that proud!)

So let's get on with this experiment and see what happens!!

I'll post on Thursday and let ya know how it went!

Thanks,

Mr. Winkie

1 comment:

http://www.corymack.ca said...

on taking a sabbatical from comedy;
your day job -watching movies;
any of your blog titles; masonic;music appreciation/relating to your son;
blogs;
ralph, the book, the pie, and retirement; the appeal of catwoman; those people who don't eat white food (Oprah started this trend by the way); why did we win all those speed skating medals?; stock-buying at Tim Hortons; why are there no "MEN OF VISION" awards...just "WOMEN OF VISION" and if a blind woman won, would they need to change the name of the event...

have fun!