Monday, March 06, 2006

John Stewart + Oscars = Brilliance

Just a quick thing that's bothering me today.

I've done 3 things in the past 2 days I wouldn't normally do: last night I watched the Oscars, today I read reviews of the Oscars and at lunch, I dined on canned dog food.

I don't know if it was bad audio from the audience or their actuall reaction but the audience didn't seem keen on John Stewart. Which spells out S-U-C-C-E-S-S to me. If any group of people needs to be brought down a notch, it's the big time movie actors. The pretention is so thick and their idea of their worth is sooo fucking irritating I could've just smashed my TV, but my wife and I had a bet involving sexual favors (I guessed 13 out of the 24 categories and won my hummer fair and square, btw) so I couldn't smash it.

Anyway, if you're a famous actor/actress and you happen to read this (haha I'm so funny), please do us all a favor and get down off your high horse and learn to take a fucking joke. You wonder why box office is low? It's because the movies you make suck, it costs way to much for an average joe to go see one, and frankly we're sick of seeing your anorexic, 'i'm so misunderstood', drug addled mug on every newspaper, television, billboard, cereal box, pez dispenser, hamburger box, or space available.

John Stewart kept it entertaining and funny and current. It ain't Louis B Mayer's Oscars anymore, so live with it.

K, bye for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the "Unauthorized to view" page will come up when blogger is "down"...so no drama/spy/MAN thing happening - it's all better now if you wait an hour or so...but I have to admit the first time it happened to me I was conspiracy theorizing all day...

2 much time on my hands...

Mr.Winkie says: said...

Actually it worked fine right after I wrote the entry but didn't want to just throw it away because I'm lazy. Oops, did I give away a secret?