Thursday, March 23, 2006

Doug Stanhope for President! (And Frankie Venom for Prime Minister!)

I apologize to my well wishers who wished me well in my non smoking adventure. It was a failure and I feel like an absolute knob. I shouldn't beat myself up, I know, but that's what smoking does to you - it makes you feel shitty when you're not smoking and even shittier when you are smoking. Fucking stupid things.

But that doesn't mean I have given up! I'm trying a different approach. I don't want to give too much away but let's just say it involves the sacrifice of a live chicken every other day. I do promise this to you, my friends and family - I will have it beat before long. I'm gonna keep trying and maybe the time will come when the shame of failure is so great that I never want to feel it again. I wasn't even gonna mention it but I recieved two pieces of correspondi today that made me regret posting that I was gonna try and quit (you both know who you are).

But anyway, we'll give it another go next Wednesday, how's that? Why next wedenseday, you ask? That's my birthday and maybe considering it as a present to myself might work some kind of voodoo charm or something.

Head hung low,

Mr. Winkie

2 comments:

Jon said...

What up Wink! Look, man. Don't be so damn hard on yourself. I firmly believe that quitting cigs is just as hard as some drugs people go to rehab for. Don't feel like a knob because it didn't work out the first time. Give it another go--a big b-day present to yourself.

You can do it!

Okay, that's all the motivation I've got for today. Best of luck man!
Talk to ya soon.

Jon

Anonymous said...

smoke as many smokes as you can...UP the smoke per hour ratio...smoke, smoke, smoke and your brain will say - you know what? I've smoked enough! I'm done! My sufficiency has been suffuncified....that's good. adios.

that's the only thing that worked for me...

oh and the thought of how RIDICULOUS it looks smoking outside, in your mid/late 30's/early 40's, like some shunned pariah....if you're smoking in the street for christ sake, quit...

you won't believe the difference in the smell of you. honestly, you think you don't drip in the smell, but trust me, you do. And you'll be honestly delighted in smelling things again...and tasting things...like the whip cream in the friday foot photo - you're missing out on TASTE and SMELL...

okey dokey - three little things that I hope will help... - by the by happy birthday next week winkie.