Thursday, March 30, 2006

Red Hat Society: Harmless Fun or Evil Incarnate?

Last night I did my first stand up comedy in nearly 4 months and I'd love to be self depricating and modest but I must admit that I did well. Was it the beer? Was it the decent, receptive crowd? Was it the material suggestions that my friend Cory gave me? Yes, yes, and yes.

There was a weird thing, though. There were about 6 or 7 post-menopausal (sp?) women sitting in one row, and they all had funky red hats on. Someone had mentioned that they were part of a group called "The Red Hat Society." I know nothing about it and I will Google it as soon as I'm done this entry. The reason I'm not doing the research first is because I have several theories as to what this group is about and I don't want to taint my hypothoses.

Red Hat Society
- An organized group of wives of high level businessmen who are actually the ones pulling the strings of their puppet husbands. They control content of women's magazines such as "O", Better Homes & Gardens, and Popular Mechanics.

- Women who have mastered 'dark arts' such as alchemy and astral travel. They have discovered a way to write their names in snow (while urinating) using cursive writing; a secret they refuse to divulge to lesser, non initiated women.

- A vigilante justice organization that uses shame, guilt, and purse hitting as their primary weapons against street criminals.

- Carrot Top Fan Club members

- Cyborgs with a collective concious they use to create the best...Jam...ever!

- Cult members out celebrating one last hoorah before Kool-Aid Day.

K, I'm gonna go look 'em up. Bye for now.

*Note: I just looked up Red Hat Society and I gotta tell ya, they seem like the sweetest group of ladies ever! I was way off in my theories. If there is a Red Hat Society lady that accidentally finds her way here, would you care to adopt a fastly approaching middle age, slightly overweight, married guy? I'll do chores and I will sexually please each and every one of you!

Red Hat Society's Official Website

5 comments:

KLB said...

Just wanted to tell you that the mere mention of Carrot Top makes me cringe. He's creepy looking and oddly muscle bound for a red-headed geek and his face kind of reminds me of Skeletor. So, that's all. Oh, and those Red Hat Society ladies are cute, aren't they? Too cute. They make me suspicious (j/k).

Mr.Winkie says: said...

I have a friend who knows C.T and insists he's a wonderful human being (and quite knowledgeable of his own reputation) and I can see it. But yes, what he does kinda makes me cringe too. And excellent Skeletor reference, by the way!

KLB said...

It's weird that, here we are talking about Carrot Top and I run into this post on another blog: http://www.urbanhonking.com/famous/archives/2006/03/carrot_top_man.html

I love that he "smelled like weed".

Mr.Winkie says: said...

Really, Stacy? You know what? It's your strangeness that I find so damn appealing.

Mr.Winkie says: said...

Yes I do but in the best way possible!

Just so you know, if I use the words geek, strange, odd, weird, nerd, nutjob, or goofball, it is totally a term of endearment.

If those words are preceeded by the word "fuckin'" then I mean them in a bad way.

:)