Monday, January 16, 2006

One man's admission leads to another man's blog idea.

A good friend of mine cries. He told me he does and I've seen him do it. I've seen many friends cry. Not just girls, but guys too and I admire them for it. I'll admit, I cry too. It usually happens when I'm lying on the couch, just getting to the point in the film my wife chose where the lead actress finds out that leaving her husband with her 2 kids so she can have one last fling in Paris before she succumbs to a rapidly advancing brain tumor was a bad life choice, then the dog jumps up on my lap, right onto my gonads. That's when tears well up and I go to the bathroom and cry.

So much pain & emotion I just can't contain myself.

I cried when my kids were born. When I cut the umbillical cord of my youngest son (didn't have the honor of doing the first), I was sooo overcome with emotion and queasiness that I cried and barfed and tooted too. Trust me, you can't imagine what it's like to lose that much internal pressure until you've experienced it yourself. And it was that opening of the valves that led to me fainting, it had nothing to do with me being a big wuss.

I cried when I heard that Pablo Escabar died. He was the South American gent who supplied North America with something like 90% of it's cocaine. I didn't cry because I do cocaine (I can't stand the stuff), but I cried because suddenly, high pressure home electronics salesmen would now be very cranky and even more difficult to haggle with and getting a decent deal would be next to impossible.

I cried the first time I heard the song American Pie. I thought to myself, "Christ Madonna, what the hell are you talking about? What does "singing dirges in the dark" mean and how come you can't write another hit like "Lucky Star" or show us your tits again or something?

What I'm getting at is that it's allright guys... cry. Let the world know that you have feelings and emotions. Let your friends know you're human. Let the water flow out of you like shit flows out of campaigners' mouths around election time. Which totally reminds me that I'll probably cry when I hear the outcome of our federal election in a couple of weeks.

K, bye for now.

2 comments:

Mr.Winkie says: said...

Yes, it is embarassing but better there than in a taxi, I always say!

KLB said...

If only someone would tell Paris Hilton that, mr.winkie!